Friday, June 14, 2013

Watch You Walk Away (a Poem)



Memories blurred, stars collide,
This kind of love makes no sense to me, I want to hide,
Watching you, I see myself,
I've sung that tattered song, for it has knocked me off my game, 
When I was like you the same. 

I won't go back to the ruin of my soul,
Where you ended, and I began,
But never accepted that.

It's like a death, you know,
I know it is far from love, but brings me fear,
For the burned out stars of yesterday, I find them sleeping so near, so near to me,

I think the damage is done sometimes,
And it's nothing that I can change,
Knowing how the passing of time, now seems strange,
Wandering in the garments I once wore for you, they are worn and faded now, like the wind, like this song, like the 
loss of everything that really mattered, the best things shattered, glass on the water.

There is no return, nothing to go back to,
And I watched you walk away,
Seen your silhouette on a winter day, 
But I don't miss you, no I don't miss you,
Don't want to live in a hurricane of confusion and chaos,
Let the old days be covered with moss, and watch us drift away, watch you walk away, watch you walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment