Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's Only When I Miss a Weekly Dose of ACIM that I Get Depressed/ Because I Forget About Forgiveness

     When I have missed a Course in Miracles, study group, which I attend weekly, I can become out of sorts.  I forget that it is all illusion, radical forgiveness, nothing happened, and no one is special.
     Most of all, I forget to laugh.  Some of life is sad, scary, painful and not funny, and there is a time to be serious.  It is okay to be sad, to be mad, to speak your truth, and yet it is best to forgive for one's own sake.  There is no punishment for not forgiving, and we are not in control of what others' karma is.  That is their problem.  The thing is to know, you are okay, no matter how anyone judges.  That is their issue.  All one can do is go on, not even noticing.  It isn't one's problem, or even business, to worry about what others think, or what their karma will be.
     The focus needs to be on the peace of God, seeing things differently.  Resentment is harmful to oneself, and I forget this from time to time.  I can do a fourth step, but ultimately I just need to let it go, and accept things.  Acceptance is the key, and expectations lead to resentments. 
     Meher Baba said, "beware of strangers in your heart."  When you love someone, who does not love you, they are a stranger, and when you dwell on a wrong someone has done you, you are also having a stranger in your heart.  
     I think the best way to live is to be kind, be gentle, say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't say it mean.  Work on forgiving, including forgiving yourself, and love the people in your life, the ones God put in your life.  Be true to those who are true to you.  Be there for the people you love, even when they are not pleasing you.  Don't be a doormat.  Just do not abandon the ones who need and love you.  That is what I think.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment