Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lovely Evening at the Beach

    One thing I love about living at the beach, is being able to actually be at the beach.  I have actually lived here most of my life, and other than here, besides college, I lived in L.A., only for three years in the eighties, when I was married with my first baby, but of course L.A. is also near the beach, but you usually have to travel to Venice Beach or Malibu, etc.. Here you just go to the beach, and it's warm and calmer.
     Yesterday, being June 21st, the longest day of the year, today was a good long day too, for an evening on the seashore, with the companionship of your friends.  
     We brought chairs down by the water.  The water rushed up over our feet.  The sky was amazing, majestic, and colorful, and we stayed until eight.
     I got a little wet, in my shorts and tank top, to get the salty itch off of me.  It was the night of the giant moon, super moon, they call it.
     Unfortunately, I can no longer see stars at all, but I can see the moon, if it is bright, and it is dark.  
     I found I did not need my sunglasses. The light was perfect on my eyes, but the salty breeze misted my glasses, and I will wear some old ones, next time.
     It was cool, and so relaxing.  I even had to put on some sleeves, amazing.  I really enjoyed just hanging out with my friends, in the early summer, at the beach.
     The picture above, was not from tonight.  That was from the dhuni, a couple winters ago.  I do not take any photos anymore, but fortunately I know people who do.  
     It is good to enjoy the environment, something to cherish, and never take for granted.  You look around at tourists, so enchanted to be at the beach, watch the children play, as the tide rolls in, and you feel like you can be on vacation too, forever.  
     Well, maybe not forever, but whenever, you know?  And, you can get the same kind of feeling, peaceful, easy feeling, in the mountains, I suppose, or by a lake, but I like the ocean better than lakes.  I mean lakes are good.  I guess nothing beats the ocean, though.  The salty air, the negative ions, the color of the ocean, the sky.  It just seems very healing to me.  It always has.
     It was nice to be with people, and although I like being alone okay, I have spent so much time alone in my life, that at this point, I would rather be around people, at least some of the time.  It is hard for me to really get out to the ocean with my eyesight, so it is nice for friends to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment