Saturday, September 29, 2012

Reality Check about Food/ Staying Healthy on Little Means

     Another federal program the Republicans want to do away with, at least ones like Paul Ryan, is snap, the food stamp program.  Many of us are struggling to buy food, with or without them, because they are usually not enough.
     I see many posts about food on fb, and all these foods we need to boycott, etc, however, some people cannot afford organic food.  We can buy lots of fruits and vegetables and some organic, but not all.  
     I know that the meat and eggs are full of hormones and antibiotics, and that we want humane animal products such as cage free chicken and eggs, and never veal, a very non-politically correct, inhumane food I have boycotted for many many years.
     Still, although I am using soy milk now because I am a bit lactose and gluten intolerant, I do buy a small amount of meat, such as ground turkey and some sandwich meat.  I cannot afford organic meat, although when it comes to eggs, I buy cage free when on sale and rarely chicken now.
     For my birthday, I got some organic coffee, a real treat.  If you drink wine at all, you can tell a lot of the wines are full of sulfates which make one feel awful and congested, even sick, at least in my experience.  
     I am doing my best to feed my family in a healthy way, fresh lettuce, home made salad dressing, fresh red onion, garlic, tomatoes, etc..  Yogurt and fresh fruit are staples in my home and the absence of sugar or saturated fat.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment