Monday, September 24, 2012

How Yoga Saved My Life

     I was on a downward spiral, looking for happiness in unhealthy ways and looking for love in all the wrong places, lol.  I was raising two teenagers alone.  
     I met a guy who happened to be a yoga teacher and I went with him to his classes in North Carolina.  I really enjoyed it.  I had taken yoga in India in '96 when they offered it the last time I was there.
     I really liked yoga.  He said I had amazing balance.  I kept doing it for years and years.  Now, although I cannot get to a yoga class, because of transportation issues, since I live in a town with no public transportation except medical, I do yoga at home every day.
     It helps keep me balanced, teaches me to move correctly without stress on the back and spine, helps me relax and keeps my chakras in alignment, a very important thing to keep the chakras all open.  Our body is like a channel and the chakras move up our body from root to crown, and to have a full sense of well being they must flow and be aligned.  Namaste.  Shanti, shanti.

2 comments:

  1. Yoga truly is amazing because not only does it improve your balance and physical wellness, but also your spiritual stability. 5 years ago, I never thought I would lose weight and stay obese for the rest of my life. I was going down with depression, and then I found Yoga. I struggled through the first few sessions, but I preserved. Now, I have lost 150 lbs. through yoga and I have no plans on stopping. It may be a stress reliever or an exercise just to pass time, but it is effective and healthy.

    Ozie Hensler

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful, Ozie, thanks so much for sharing with me. I totally agree.

    Love, Leslie Sage

    ReplyDelete