Sunday, October 7, 2012

Relationship Advice from a Non-expert

     If you are in love with someone, sometimes it is easier to get over them without the crutch of someone else.  I know a new person or rebound person can seem good at the time, if you do not love the person enough or feel safe enough to call them a safety net, old patterns could come back again once the old object of your affection returns.
     Even if you try desperately to make it platonic, to end it, to keep this person of your real feelings at bay, they will once again emerge.  I do not know any other way except to truly fall in love with someone else and not just try to.  And, this means chemistry of course.  And karma.
     How do I know?  Been there done that.  It did not work.  However, once I did really and truly fall in love with someone else, although it did not last either, I was only then ready to say "adios amigo."  Or, "au revoir."  And this time really and truly mean it with all my heart.  
     So, if you ever beat yourself up like I did for falling apart, not handling things well, not making your decisions very gracefully, for being a mess, know that you are not crazy, just human.  Some of us have clear cut paths in love and life and some do not.  For some it takes longer.  Do not ever judge yourself, even though others will and do.  Believe in yourself.  I did not believe in myself, but I do now, and that is what matters.  The answers come in due time, but sometimes it is a long time in coming, and understanding rather than blaming yourself is a wonderful thing, and at this point, who needs therapy?  LOL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment