Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Let it Go

It seems dreams faded into the evening sky
into its rose color to lie,
Buried in illusion all the same
lost without a name.

What I wanted was what I knew I could not have but mattered no longer,
As it paled into the dimness of the night
a mere ember of light.

I let it go as the water reached the edge
and then I let it go again,
Watched my dreams wash back to sea, 
to blueness everything that was once me.

I started over without wanting, desiring not, nor fearing,
Wiped the mirror clear and looked into the starry night.

Dazzled by the clarity of nothingness, not emptiness,
Disillusioned yet grateful for this stillness and mindfulness.

Remembering that God was within me, the pain faded, I felt free,
And the sand beneath felt like clouds against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment