Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fashion and Fun/ The Purple Hat

     I was shopping with my son and I found a beautiful lavender purple sun hat with a big brim.  It was stunning and half price.
     I tried it on and Ted said it looked good, but I had had a bad car accident in a big wide rim hat years ago when I used to drive, so we thought it was a bad idea.  However this cotton hat is not floppy.  It is a bit Mary Poppinslike, but I think it is stunning, and I love that color.
     Well, I did not buy it, but eventually I went back and bought it, because I thought it was special.  I went to the beach to try to figure out what to do with my anger and bitterness.  I have no one to talk to, because I am usually the one giving advice, and I feel like no one understands my predicament.  I think they call it terminally unique.  My friend Alan used to say, "can you speak English please?"  That was when we were at the beach at I was doing yoga twists and talking about squeezing out the toxins.
     Ironically, Alan would say "speak English" if he were to hear the way I talk about not getting closure about him.
     Anyway I wore my new hat at the beach. There were too many people there for me to get any answers from the ocean and sky, and it was too hot.  I was wearing a matching purple sundress.  I wish I had a camera, but I haven't in years, and do not know how to use my computer camera, except my web cam.   
     I wanted to start a new blog about fashion, although I was not sure if men would read it, since I do not know enough about men's fashion, except that the owner of Maxim magazine was quoted saying, "GQ is for men who like socks better than sex."  He is the richest man in Scotland and like Hugh Hefner has the U.N. represented in his hot tub.  Well so much for style, and it is OK if men do not read my style articles unless they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment