Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Keeping One's Own Peace

    Recently I lost my peace.  I became uprooted and lost my ability to see things through the Holy Spirit thought system.
I could not see but for my ego, could not see the forest for the trees. 
     Sometimes when I lose my way I realize it is good to seek the advice of a friend who is like minded, and matters may become less intense and less oppressive.   
     Something was hurting me so much.  I just could not see the forest for the trees, no clarity.  After talking to a couple of friends on email and phone, my equipoise and serenity began to gradually return along with a brisk walk with the dog.
     I had forgotten my Course in Miracles lesson for the week.  God is the light in which I see, which had been our ACIM meditation mantra for the week.  
      The event which combined with some previous baggage occurred before my most recent Course in Miracles fix.
     I am a Reiki Master.  I am supposed to be this new age person who has it together.  I do yoga for crying out loud, but I am just a human being, a woman, a
"wo - man" as Sarah Jessica Parker once said to Big on Sex and the City, although I believe she was supposed to be drunk, which I of course am not.  However, I found that humorous.
     I would be writing a relationship blog, but I do not have as many boyfriends 
as I used to.  Just kidding for what it is worth.
     So, I realize now that next time I feel upset, I need to say, "God, help me see this differently."  I just finished reading
Why God is Laughing  by Depok Chopra.  Along with the humor, he said a lot of the same things about love not being fear and the "issues in the tissues."
     There was a funny joke in there, which I will recount.  A guy goes into a bar with a talking dog and says, "give me a free drink.  I have a talking dog."  The bartender gives him a drink and says to the dog.  "So you can talk?"  
     "Yes, I speak very well," says the dog, and so the bartender gives the dog a five dollar bill and tells him to go show the lady across the street how he can talk.
    The man goes outside to find his dog humping another dog.  He says "you never did anything like this before," and the dog says, "I never had five dollars before."
     Well that is all I have for now.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment