Monday, December 31, 2012

Babies Don't Come with Insructions

     Yes, as the title says, babies do not come with an instruction manual, nor the rest of a child's upbringing all through to adulthood, just like marriage, relationships, friendships...  
    The first time I had a baby, I was twenty-one, and going home from the hospital was scary.  The second time I had a baby, I was twenty-seven and not scared, but still I made little mistakes once in awhile.
     I put my baby, when he was a few months old, in a sleeper that I had not washed yet.  I did not know that the flame retardant chemicals can cause a severe allergic reaction.  I should have known to wash it first.
     He got an awful rash on his hip, and I had to take him to Dr. Mac.  She said it was the sleeper, and she prescribed cortisone cream.  It got better.
     I just thought of that, because I saw a post about keeping chemicals off of babies.  
     I shared a picture of my sons to show they made it to adulthood.  Now, it is up to them to find their own way.  I will always offer help, love and guidance, but now it is time to let them learn about life, and hope that it will never be as crazy as my life was.

No comments:

Post a Comment