Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Right Thing to Do

     Sometimes doing the right thing can feel so bad, so wrong.  Just because it is hard, that does not mean it is wrong.  Sometimes when you have to make a change, because a certain situation is not serving anyone, especially you, you have to break the viscous cycle.
     I have been on a viscous cycle, a few in my time, and perhaps there was something I was getting from it, at the time.  Finally something snaps, and you think, "I don't want to do this anymore."  At least that is my experience.
     There are levels of how bad the cycle could be, speaking in duality terms, which is really not real, but you know what I mean, I guess.  One might even get some pleasure or purpose or excitement, as well as some basic need met in a certain situation, but then one might say one day, "I want to do things different.  I want to pave a space for something in my life, that I am not leaving space for, because I am cluttering it with these patterns I have lived for years, because they are what is comfortable to me, what I am used to."  It could even be a self-esteem issue to some degree, or maybe just staying in one's comfort zone.
     I feel like I am at one of those crossroads now, where I have to make changes.  Change is hard.  I used to find it almost impossible, until I 'got my head on straight.'
     I think we all have an inner guidance, but sometimes it can be helpful to seek the counsel of a wise and trusted person, who is on the spiritual path, to help show the way with their powerful bright light.  We all have a bright light, the crown chakra when aligned with the heart chakra, like a silver thread that goes all the way from the root, through the sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and finally the crown, which is white or gold.
     If I have the peace of God, then I am never alone, never empty, but whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment