Friday, April 13, 2012

Nostalgia

     Sometimes when you look back, some of the worst times seem good.  What is that?  I think I know.  It is not all of them or the worst of them, just some.  It is definitely not drama, but the feeling that "hey I'm alive.  I'm really alive."
     Also, I think that part of it is that you or I may realize in our reverie that we were a better person or may have handled things better than one may have thought.
     Recently a friend commented how good I was with my boys when I stayed with them at his place to evade a hurricane in our home town.  I was amazed.  He said I was very calm even though one of my boys was acting up and my ex was calling and calling trying to get me to put my younger boy on a plane to his wedding in the middle of a hurricane.  I said no, so finally our host turned off his phone.  I was not being nasty.  We were in a difficult spot and that was asking too much.  We were in the midst of an evacuation.
     I can think of other times like when David got over whooping cough and being in the hospital.  He refused to take his jeans or shoes off even in a hospital bed, so Ted and I went to Walmart to get him some goofy pajama bottoms, but David has never even put those on.  They ended up Ted's.
     I could go on and on, but you know what I mean.  I guess I miss my kids.  They are grown now.  I need to let go and move on with my life I guess.  
     I think you have to get out there and make stuff happen.  I just have to figure out how, but I'm a survivor.  I will.
     The picture I added is a good memory.  The dhuni at the beach.    I'm playing the guitar, my legs are freezing because it is winter and Ted is around somewhere.  I cannot see a thing, because RP makes your rods and cones not work right in the dark.  Still I felt like teenagers and I could surely see the fire.  Thanks to Nancy for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment