Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More on Shopping and Reality Shows.

     Today I went to do the food part of my coupon using, frugal shopping at the supermarket.  I like to use the self checkout because I can keep better track and actually think it is fun.  Weird huh?  
     However, if you do use coupons, it can get really frustrating, mostly for the guy working at the self-check area, because, being visually impaired, something kept being wrong, well not totally, but I would get the wrong size or flavor or quantity.
That man was so patient with me.
Although it was a bit frustrating, I managed to keep my equipoise as well.  
     Even after that, though, I feel I need more food.  What is that?  Is grocery shopping starting to interest me?  
     The game.  If you can turn anything into a sort of game, like a video game or reality show, it can be more fun, one of my tricks of getting through the more mundane tasks.
    I once went Black Friday shopping with my sister, you know the day after Thanksgiving, when if you are a 'normal' American you go shopping for the special day after Thanksgiving sales, mostly for Christmas presents I believe, since Christmas comes so soon after Thanksgiving or Hanukkah if you happen to be Jewish.
     I was buying a lot, getting Christmas presents as well as new sheets and new boots for myself.  I told my sister it was a shopping reality show and that I was winning.  I was playing a pretend narrator to this pretend, reality show... hmmm, there is a paradox, pretend reality show, like pretend pretend, very rhetorical and redundant.  I was saying my sister was way behind but that Leslie was winning by a long shot.
     If you saw Hunger Games, which I had the good fortune to recently, you can see how creepy reality shows could be.  I thought it was a good movie making a lot of statements about society and the possible downfall of the future at the rate it is going, but hopefully not.  
     So, I feel pretty happy with my shopping experience all in all today.  Happy Spring everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment