Sunday, April 22, 2012

Getting Rid of Too Much Stuff

     I hate getting rid of stuff, like when you know you have too many clothes.  Recently I did though and a girlfriend stopped by just at the right time, because I needed help.  I ended up pulling together four bags of clothing to give to Goodwill, which we did and got ten percent off coupons, with which we can go back and get more stuff we do not need, although I usually do not buy used clothing.  I prefer new stuff, but once in a while I do.
     I got rid of two little black dresses I have had for twenty years or less and were a bit tight since I still have one sleeveless and one long sleeve little black dress.  I do not miss those or any memories of them.  If I want memories, that is what photographs are for, but I rarely look at those due to my bad eyesight.  
     I gave my friend a couple of things.  She gave me one of her giveaways and she helped me look through the questionables.  I only salvaged one flowy back flower print hippy dress with sita
on the label as in Sita Ram, the Hindu avatar and his wife.
     So, anyway, I at the last minute grabbed some braceletts out of the bag at the drop off place.  The only thing I regretted was one green cardigan, which I went back and asked about the next day because I thought I wanted it back for some reason.
Finding it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack, but I tried.  Oh well, no big deal.  
     I think I sweat the small stuff when it is really bigger stuff on my mind that I do not want to look at like a sick friend, taking care of my son, lack of a partner, finances, unstable friendships that turn sour and become disarrayed.  And, last but not least, deteriorating eyesight.
     All in all I am pleased with my getting rid of stuff.  I think it went alright.  Now on to life, more life on life's terms and doing the next right thing even if I have done twenty wrong things in the last two days.  LOL
     

No comments:

Post a Comment