Wednesday, July 3, 2013

True Feminism is More than What Some People See it As

     Yes, women need to have a right to choose, but choosing to have a child, with or without anyone's approval, including the father, is also a right to choose.  Choosing life is a choice, too.  
     Some women don't have a baby, because their boyfriend or husband does not want one, or want her to, and therefore, she might have an abortion.  I have sources, who have told me this.  The fact is that it is not his decision, either way.  If she just does not want kids, that is one thing, I suppose that is her choice.  But, perhaps some women are choosing a man over a child.  If that is the priority, then fine, but it is still a feminist move, in my opinion, to say, "hey look, I'm having a baby period.  It's my baby.  I'm having my baby with or without you."  That is what I did, and it is a feminist, free spirited thing to do.  
     I realize there are many other reasons, that might lead someone to terminate a pregnancy, and I am not judging.  I am only saying that making a choice to bring a life into the world, can be a feminist choice, too.  That is all.  I guess that is a known fact, anyhow, and I need not say it, even.  

No comments:

Post a Comment