Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beautiful Evening at the Ocean; Beautiful Beach

     I really enjoy going to the ocean with friends, in the evening.  The heat is gone, the temperature perfect.  You can swim if you want, but you do not have to worry about getting all hot and sweaty.
     The wind blows gently.  The water runs up to our chairs just right.  And, I feel a sense of calm and serenity, in the summer salty air.
     I could never stand to leave the ocean for any length of time, or to live anywhere land locked.  All my life, I have loved the water.  I have loved the ocean, the salt and sand.
    People arrive on vacation, enthusiastic about the beach and the ocean, just being here.  They walk the beach, and make sand castles.  The children play in the water.  Lovers hold hands.
     I hold a cold drink in my hand, and enjoy the evening, the summer conversation.  All my troubles drift away at sea, and I am renewed again.
     I almost feel like I am on vacation, myself, and I once again realize that I can enjoy my life, that I can enjoy myself.  And, once again, my troubles blow away, into the warmth of the summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment