Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Being Generous Towards Those Who Do Not Love Us; a New Concept for Me and How That Came to Be

     I was feeling very hurt, very angry, very sad, very confused.  I not only felt unloved, but due to things happening to me, and around me, all I could feel towards me was contempt.
     My reaction to this was, first to be kind of in a daze, not knowing what to do, feeling victimized, felt my privacy, my rights, and so forth were violated, by more than one situation, which occurred last week, the week from hell.
     While I know that some people, who I thought cared about me, do not, I also found that some people in my life, really did care.  But, aside from that, and my feelings of hurt and anger, at not being loved, not being understood, not being cared about, and not being important, although, not totally gone, were transcended a bit, to a higher state of consciousness, thanks to a post by Marianne Williamson, who I subscribe to, and have read just about everything she ever wrote.
     The quote said, not verbatim, mind you, but something like, "we are generous towards those who do not love us."  This really hit home, and I changed the way I was seeing things.  That is what a Course in Miracles is about, that is the miracle.  Sometimes, I forget to say to God, "help me see this differently.  I choose peace over separation from God."  I am tuned into this thought system, so even though I forgot to go to God, He came to me, through Marianne Williamson's beautiful post.
     It is okay if others do not love me.  It is okay.  I am at peace, and I do not have to feel bitter about it, or hurt or sad.  I do not need anyone to validate me.
     The Lord's Prayer says, "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us."  I can forgive.  I can even have compassion for myself and others, if I choose. 
     I cannot share my personal life on facebook or my blog anymore, but I can share my spiritual journey, which is the most important thing of all.  I can share what uplifts me, and what is an inspiration, and an epiphany for me.  And, hopefully that can help others, who read my blog, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment