Tuesday, July 9, 2013

People Will Read Again!!!, a Quote From Vanilla Sky

     Seriously, I was cleaning out my book shelves today, getting rid of books.  I was not certain whether to get rid of all of them.  I mean, we all need some books.  Right?  Unfortunately, my book shelf is in a place where it is hard to see.  It is just the lay out of my home.  Maybe that is a good thing, or not.  You can tell a lot about someone by their books, even if they cannot see well enough to read them.
     Both my kids were home, so I was suggesting to each of them, what I thought they might read.  Some were self help books, and some were fiction, as well as some poetry books and some of a spiritual nature.  My kids did not want to read, though.  
     I said, jokingly of course, "have I raised a couple of illiterates?"  My father might have said a thing like that.  
     My son said I sounded like the mother on the show Two and a Half Men.  Ha, ha.  
     I got rid of some books and yoga videos and games, but still too many books.  Sometimes I feel like throwing out everything I own, and going on some kind of new life or something.  It is not that I do not appreciate the things I have, just that I feel so weighted down all the time, so trapped by illusion, so much inertia, like walking in quick sand.  My back hurts with the weight of all I feel loaded down with.
     It is not that I do not have a positive outlook, or that I am depressed, just this incredible longing to be free, to be free to do what I really want, but can't.  It is hard to explain.  It just is what it is, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment