Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Survivor - One of My Poems










I am a survivor, throughout everything,

Redemption, forgiveness, peace in my soul beyond all fighting,
Suffering is not forever, nor happiness,
But I keep on going in spite of this.

Nothing can break me, not words, nor stones,
My soul lives on when my body is but bones,
For I am not a hater, nor will I be broken,
Only truth need be spoken.

Pain drifts into peace, peace into sleep, and sleep to dreams,
For when I lie down to rest, my soul is peaceful, my heart is grateful.

I need not defend myself, truth speaks for itself,
And blessed are the meek, the poor, the downtrodden, the righteous,
For they shall see God.

1 comment:

  1. Really good spiritual poem. Thank you for sharing.
    I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete