Thursday, July 19, 2012

Undefined

     I think that it can be easy to define oneself within a certain aspect of your life or a phase.  I have always been a camelion  changing, and have changed a lot from time to time.
     It also never matters what others think.  One can spend time being afraid of being "undone".  This is a huge waste.  I have done this in my life.  The truth is that freedom comes when you do not have to be any one thing in anyone else's mind nor your own.
     Any time I have been attached to how people or a person may think of me, I have not been happy.  I have never enjoyed peer pressure.  The only way I can see life being enjoyable is to be a free spirit.
      I do care about whether or not I hurt others or others feelings, unless they hurt me really badly, then I feel like "what the hell?"
     I am just being honest.  I can keep my poise I suppose, but if I do not and express what I really think, at least I am being honest.  No one is the winner.  I used to think that because of the Course in Miracles that whoever is most meek and whimpy is the winner, but that is bullshit too.  True, attack is never good, but neither is passive aggression.
      Over the years I have been through so many changes that I cannot define myself as any certain way.  For a long time I went by the name Sage and now I am back to Leslie, and I may have lost a little weight or gained some, had short hair or long hair, had contact lenses at one time and then glasses, wore makeup, and then none.  But, all in all through every change I am the same person undefined by circumstance.  I am a survivor and a grateful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment