Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Diet and Exercise

     Recently I was a little alarmed that I was six pounds over my normal weight.  I researched it and women my age in my hormonal state, I will say no more, typically put on exactly six pounds, and according to the charts, I was not over weight for my height for a woman any age, but I was getting criticism from family members.  
     They mainly told me to start doing yoga, one said, and another walking and more vigorous exercise.  Actually being blind, I had become very sedentary.  I could not get to a yoga class any more, although I was still doing yoga at home.  I have two yoga mats and lots of yoga clothes.  But, my exercise routine had become too easy for my body, so I had to increase my number of five pound weight lifts, start doing stomach crunches, leg lifts and since I had become too weak to do more than three men's push-ups, I started doing girl's push-ups like we used to do in gym, because I can do more of those.  
     I got rid of all my unflattering too tight clothing, and I bought a book on how to dress slim, with big color platelets I can see.  It is obvious who is dressed right and who is dressed wrong.
     I also bought a diet cookbook, but it is hard to see unless I use a magnifying glass, but I got the idea, lean meats like chicken and fish, fresh fruits and vegetables and less bread and carbs.  You can be really creative with cooking.  I do not use recipes because I cannot really read them.  For example I bought three boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cooked them slowly with a little oil, fresh garlic and tomato sauce.  Because I let it simmer a long time on low with water, not only did I serve my family, my sons and me a great chicken dinner with spaghetti that was delicious and tender, but I had a soup left over which I mixed with minestrone.  
     Greek yogurt, the plain, is very filling and it is great for cooking as well.  I have been preparing my own salad dressing with lemon, oil, garlic and soy sauce.  
     I lost ten pounds in a very short time.  I admit though that I had to have my first colonoscopy, and the fasting and cleansing you have to do for a day before hand, helped to get the weight loss started.  My doctor said it is common to lose weight from it, and I am in good health.  Yey.

No comments:

Post a Comment