Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nice Yoga Attire

     I guess if you do not officially teach yoga, or even have a class to go to, I think nice yoga attire, makes doing yoga, more of an inspiration.  I am the type of person who likes to look nice, even if no one is going to see me, except family or people on the street, and I am going to be doing yoga in my living room.  Just kidding.  But, still I do think good feeling and quality yoga or work out clothes can inspire more exercise.  For example, if you are a runner, a new pair of running shoes could be a motivator.
     There is this new yoga material, called supplex, and it is so soft and comfortable.  There is this yoga company, called Beyond Yoga, that is a little expensive, but they do have sales, and their stuff is so nice, beautiful colors, super comfortable, and wash really well.  
     Yoga mats can be found really cheap at places like Marshall's and Ross's.  I have two, and they were each less than ten dollars, if I remember correctly, a dark blue, and a purple.  
     Several years ago, I got some purple five LB hand weights, at Walmart.  One wore out, so I threw it out, and take turns, one arm at a time, which is okay for now.  
     A friend bought me a bolster, for my fiftieth birthday.  It is purple and has a washable exterior, which zips off, and although she payed about fifty dollars on line for it, she and I were both a little disappointed in the size.  It is not like the nice big ones they have at The Yoga Room, in Surfside.  
     And, as for yoga blankets, the striped or eagle ones from Mexico, are exactly what you want.  It is nice to have a few.  Another good thing to have, is pillows, for putting under your back, in a supported fish, or for putting your legs up, for inversions.   
     If you have nice yoga clothing, you can wear them for running errands, around the house, and just about any place, except for work, depending on where you work.  You can wear an attractive pair of yoga pants, like perhaps the kind with slits in the back, with a nice top, rather than a yoga top, when you are around the house, and then you have a nice outfit going on.
     There is never reason to spend a ton of money, that you do not even have to spend, that you do not have period, because you can find beautiful yoga and workout clothing on sale.  Active is a good brand, fit true to size, and their products are great too.  
     The pants I am wearing in the picture, are either Alternative or American Apparel, but I am pretty sure they are made in the U.S.A., another thing I like about Beyond Yoga.  It is a company, which is U.S. made, and I like to buy American made stuff, if possible, to help the economy.  Thanks for reading.  Have a great day.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment