Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fast, Easy, Housekeeping Solutions

     These day, with most people busy and on the go, or days when you just do not feel that great, I have ideas for fast easy housekeeping.
     Whether you live alone or with others, there are drawbacks, and good things as well, since one of my kids is my roommate, I guess I have an advantage.  I can tell him what to do, somewhat, "ha ha," I say, rubbing my hands together, just kidding.
     One good thing to do, is getting of everything you no longer need or want, you know the whole Feng Shui solution deal.  Get rid of things with bad reminders or bad vibes, gifts from people you can no longer stand.  Kidding again, of course.
     If you live with someone, cannot part with anything, your roommate, I mean, then they can keep their junk in their own room only, and maybe when they are away, you can sneak in and throw stuff away, discriminating of course between garbage and important things, but only if they are your kid I suppose.
      Seriously, here's ideas.  Keep the kitchen area uncluttered.  This is more of an uninviting environment for bugs, such as roaches, and easier to wipe down, and easier to cook in.  Keep things organized and in designated areas, such as drawers, cabinets, etc..  Do not keep too many storage containers.  This only encourages more stuff to be obtained or kept, therefore more clutter.
     I suggest recycling, washing dishes right after meals, and taking out food garbage promptly.  We do not waste food, but I mean bones and cores, pits and coffee grounds, that kind of thing.  I make coffee in a French press, so I dispose of coffee grinds outside.  If you have pets, you have to take trash out a lot, but when you have an absence of pets, like me, since mine died, and I keep forgetting they are not going to knock the trash over or jump on the counter and grab a piece of chicken any more, you can not worry as much.
     I suppose you can use those baby proof things, but animals are resourceful when it comes to getting into trash.  I have known cats to open doors and medicine cabinets.  It is really weird.
     Instead of letting the laundry pile up, you can do one small load a day, if you have a machine.  If you do a little of everything every day, rather than waiting for accumulation, it is easier.  My father told me the opposite, but I disagree with that one thing he told me.  That was only when I was a kid, and my mother was away or out of town, and Virgo that I am, I was insisting everyone wash their dishes immediately.  I confess I am still like that.  I guess it is a little weird.
     If you organized your clothing in such a way, that you know where you store everything, it makes it easy to find stuff to wear, and having less clothing, rather than too many, makes it easier to find something to wear, because you know what you own and do not own.
     I like to keep coffee table surfaces clear.  It really makes things more open, and easier for me to function in.  
     While it is good to stock up on food, you can have too much food, and all your money is in the cabinets and refrigerator, so unless you are opening a restaurant, and as long as the supermarket is not really far away, that is not necessary.
     Also, if you have pets, keep your clothing and stuff, put away, so their hair is not on everything.
     I rarely iron, because I just take stuff out of the dryer right away, but sometimes it is necessary and good to iron, because wrinkled clothes look crummy and are not in style, no matter what anyone says.  That is just a lazy person's excuse for not ironing.
     Keeping the vacuum cleaner emptied, air conditioning filters new, and dryer lint free, are good preventative measures.  
     Then comes to outdoor housekeeping, raking, lawn mowing, planting, etc..  I have a guy who mows the lawn and kills the weeds.  I cannot grow anything as of late.  I used to have this great green thumb, but I have seemingly lost my touch with that, so I am not even going to go there.  I do not know what the problem is.  
     It is nice to have an outdoor place to sit, in front and behind your home, if possible, chairs, a table, a little decoration, and zero junk.  
     So much for my great ideas.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment