Monday, May 13, 2013

The Dhuni Was Great But the Bugs Were Bad

     Last night the dhuni was really nice, at the beach, out on the land, but man the bugs were bad.  Everyone was smothering themselves with natural and not natural, maybe harmful insect repellent.  At first I said no to the toxic stuff, but I succumbed to peer pressure, or perhaps it was desperation, from being bit by insects, from head to toe.  
     Once home, I had to take a long hot bath with bath salts, just to get the bug stuff off.  But, I survived.  I think the answer is centinella candles.  
     Still, I enjoyed doing yoga by the water, and breathing, with some other women.  I enjoyed singing, and the whole experience, except for the bugs.  Gees.
     So, today I went to Lowe's Food with my mother, have wanted to for a long time.  I even shopped in the esoteric section, as Alan called it, meaning in translation from Alanese to normal English, the health food soap, lotion, etc..  
     It was a good Mother's Day weekend.  Got to hear my son, David Walsh, in his band he's playing in, at Ocean Annie's.  They were terrific.  I hope to see them again this summer.  
     I feel good about finishing my book.  I feel good about the book, and am looking forward to new endeavors, my music, mainly.  I know it is meaningful when my own book makes me cry, touches me, and I am the one who wrote it.  I never thought that could happen.  I mean, that I would cry about the sad parts of my own book.  I guess it really came from my heart.  I mean I know it did.
     Still watching a lot of news, but it just repeats itself.  No comment at this time.  About news anyway.  No energy for the IRS thing right now, until I get all the information, all the facts, as 'hot' Anderson Cooper says, "keepin' us honest."  Or maybe it's "keepin THEM honest."  Or maybe he does not say it at all anymore, and it is from like four years ago...  The biggest issue is the first amendment thing.  I am concerned about Americans coming to have less freedom of speech, and yet I think it is important to be respectful.  I have a lot of opinions, but again I can't comment until I have the facts.  The news is vague, to say the least.  I think bipartisanship is a good thing, and there is not enough of it in government.  

No comments:

Post a Comment