Monday, May 6, 2013

Clothes

     Like most women, I like to shop, but I do not like to spend a lot, because I have to be careful about money.  However, I admit, I like clothes, although I have gotten rid of half my clothes, if not more this year, when I was going through a Feng Shui frenzy and more interested in having a nice looking home, than having a ton of junk, or interesting treasures.  Either way you look at it, it is still junk.  
     So, I know this might not be interesting to every reader, but I have some good ideas about clothing, I think.
     For a while, I was going through a dance and yoga wear frenzy, and I got a pair of supplex yoga pants, on line, which I like a lot, and they are really good quality.
     At this point, I am not going to any yoga or dance classes, but keep up with yoga at home.  Yoga clothes can be worn any and everywhere.  Well, except if you are going somewhere dressy, unless you wear heals and maybe a long cardigan and flowy scarf or something.
     T-shirts are so necessary, and can be so cheap, although I know that there are some political reasons not to buy overseas clothing, because of the slave labor.  I do buy American made good when I can, however.  Anyway, sometimes tee's and tanks are so cheap, and they are useful.
     The Goodwill has great buys.  I got some amazing brown, swede ankle boots with heals, which lace up.  They were my size, and they are stunning.  
     For only five dollars, I got a flowy purple skirt at Roses', which looks like a ballerina skirt.
     Shopping can be fun.  I heard on the news that online shopping may become taxable, and they are using UPS more than USPS these day, which is okay, but I would like for the U.S. postal service to be patronized.
     I know people who cannot stand to go to stores anymore, but I do not mind, when I can get to them.
     The other day, I wore these seersucker pants, which I got at Goodwill, and a white mesh top, black cotton, thin cardigan, tied at the waste, a peace of beige cloth, from the fabric scraps at Walmart, around my neck as a scarf, and Southpole off-white canvas combat boots.  I went into a place of business, thinking my pants were tacky, but I got a huge compliment on the whole outfit.  I was very pleased.
     In the picture, you can see that my deceased dog, Ruben, is wearing clothes, lol.  It was winter, so my mother made him a jacket out of an orange baby jacket.  I think she still has it, if you have a big dog, that needs a jacket.  Much love to all.
     Guess this was before I Feng Shui'ed my apartment...  As you can see, it's a bit messy in the picture, but not any more...
     For a while, everything I bought, online shopping, was too big, but that was a drag, to have your pants falling down, practically.  I even ended up getting some suspenders.  Well, it was really just one pair of pants, but they are okay with a belt, and they are pretty cute, blue with little red, vintage looking flowers.
     To tag some of my favorite clothing and shoe brands, I like, Jolt, Doublju, Southpole, Lamade, Splendid, Velvet, Cha Cha Vente, Levi's, Hurley, Silver, Beyond Yoga, and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment