Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cooking, All About Food

     If you want to stay healthy, or even loose weight, you have to get somewhat interested in cooking.  Recently I bought some fresh herbs and spices, garlic, cilantro, ginger, onions, etc..  
      As far as reality shows, I only like the cooking ones, other than Survivor.  Recently I cooked free range chicken breast, skinless and boneless, with chinese vegetables, water chestnuts, etc.  I thought it would be really great, but my son said it could have done without lemon juice, but I happen to like lemon in cooking.  He says just a tiny bit, but that I used way too much concentrated lemon juice.  
     While I find cooking interesting and enjoyable, the more people criticize your cooking, the less you want to cook, and so you load up on frozen pizzas, and there goes the careful meal planning.  But, to be fair, everyone gets tired of cooking sometimes.  Perhaps, my son is a better cook than I am.  Also, he has been living in Peru, where the food is supposed to be wonderful.  In fact, Lima is like the first city in the world to ban GMO's that everyone is talking about.  On top of that, they have the rain forests, and vegetables that we do not even know about, and their lemons look more like small limes, etc.  I suppose it is like how, in India, they have blood oranges, which are red, rather than orange.  We do not have those here.
     I am posting a picture of me eating Mexican food in a restaurant at the top.  Eating is good, yum, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment