Sunday, February 24, 2013

Part III, The Third Step in the Process; Going Forward; Being Here Now

     So, after my last two blogs, I am going on to the third part.  This is a series of three blogs, which I wrote about introspection, and self forgiveness, looking at the past, processing it, and now going forward.
     At this point, the past is over, we dealt with it, and it is not only time to move on with our lives, but time to be 'here and now.'  That is what Ram Daas, Eckhart Tolle, and other deep philosophers have written about, such as Be Here Now, by Ram Daas and The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle.
     Depression can be a sign of holding on to a false perception or belief.  Once letting go of that belief system or thought, we can lose this depression, hopefully, and perhaps with other therapies to supplement our own work on ourselves.
     I cannot be thirty again or twenty, or forty, for that matter, but I can be where I am, and I can make the most of the time I have left on earth, which may be a long time.  No one knows for sure.  I do not need to look behind now, nor look ahead.  I may plan a trip, an event, a project, but I must be mindful that every moment of my life, is the only thing that exists at this moment.  
     So, if I am bored, I guess that is alright.  If I am sad, stupid, whatever, it is all good.  I am not stupid.  I am just making a point.  If I was stupid, then so what.  That is my point.  I did not think of that on my own.  My brother told me that someone said that to him, not because it is true, but to make the point I am trying to make, because he was regretful of something at the time.  You either know what I mean or you don't.  
      I think most people, those of us who are not perfect anyway, have to go through a lot in order to reach the goal, God realization.  On the way, one can reach points of higher enlightenment.  These enlightening moments make us less unhappy, because as A Course in Miracles teaches, I realize more that it is illusion, this world of forms, so I am less attached, and therefore suffer less.  Many Meher Baba followers disagree with me, I think, because they do not study A Course in Miracles as I have, and think like Catholics, that the more they suffer, the more spiritual they are.  This is not true.  Yes, we grow from our difficult experience, and may even become more empathetic and compassionate towards others, may be able to counsel others to a degree, with boundaries, but we are not necessarily more spiritual.  I know however, that there is a spiritual nature to suffering, such as that of the saints, Saint John of the Cross, for example, who wrote, The Dark Night of the Soul, but he was basically tortured in that monastery, had his back broken, before he escaped.
     But, most of our suffering, and by us, I mean people like me, is caused by our desires not being met or our ego not being gratified.  How much of our suffering is longing for God, or true persecution?  Of course, bullying is a form of persecution, ridicule and anything that is not love.  Just remember that the one who causes others pain, is believe it or not, crying out for love.  I know it does not seem that way.  It seems they are just a shit and an asshole, and I am sure no doubt, they are, but it goes deeper in that they are crying for love. This is not an excuse, however.  They need not cry for love in such a sick way, but they don't know this.
     I hope I have made sense to the reader.  I do not want to ramble.  Back to living now.  It is time to let go of the past, let the scars heal and move on towards the brightness, face turned to the sun, moon and stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment