Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Keeping Your Home Feng Shui; Step Three

     Once you have achieved your goal of making a clear space in each room of your home, getting rid of useless junk, and everything in your home not pleasing or serving you, as well as some rearranging to make yourself more comfortable, such as turning the sheets and pillows, so that your bed faces a different direction, changing lighting, or what not, how does one keep it that way - clear?
     Once you have that clarity, both in a physical and metaphysical sense, it feels pretty good.  You have now, open space, but the danger is those spaces, side tables, dresser tops, etc., once again becoming cluttered.  You may have cleared the vibes with a sage stick and some prayers, something good to do every now and then.
     Keep things put away, so that spaces do not become cluttered, and enjoy not having too much on them.  Maybe even get some lemon pledge, and enjoy polishing wooden furniture.  If you like to paint, you can paint furniture, unless the wood is really nice, then it is best to leave it unpainted.  However, if you are talented at drawing and painting, you can decorate some wood free handed, as I have, but not the really nice stuff, like knotted pine.  There are also stencils you can get, if you cannot paint well, free handed.
     You may prefer to leave things as they are.  Basic is nice too.  You might consider painting one room a different color.  I painted my bathroom light green with light yellow trip, a few years ago.  I thought, perhaps painting one wall a heavenly shade of blue, lavender that they can mix at the hardware store might be nice.  I am not sure.
     Another thing that can prevent one from keeping to the uncluttered look, is to not buy a whole bunch of new stuff to clutter it up again.  All this takes, is a little self control.  If your friends invite you antiquing, you do not have to buy stuff, just because you are in a store.  Not driving, I used to always buy stuff this way, thinking well, when will I get to go out shopping again?  Last time, I just did not buy.  Then you have more money for bills and food, ha ha, but really it is true.
     When I was a student at the S.C. Commission for the Blind, we could go shopping almost every week night as a group, if we wanted to, and in Columbia, the malls are bigger, with escalators, and Walmart as well.  The great thing about Walmart there, is the plant section.  I really enjoyed keeping basil in my room, until the ride home when I gave it to a friend to give to his wife.  The smell was delicious.  The thing was, with all those chances to shop, it was hard not to.  Also, one night, as I unpacked, I realized I had forgotten to bring pants.  I had had a black pair and a brown pair right on my bed at home, and just had not put them in my suitcase, and sure enough, they were sitting there as I left them, once I went home for the weekend.  I also needed a swimsuit, because we were temporarily staying in a hotel, while the dorms were being remodeled, and I wanted to swim in the pool and enjoy the hot tub.  It seems like when you are away from home, you always end up needing things you forgot, which gives an excuse to buy stuff, and if you do not like shopping, this is an inconvenience, but if you do, an opportunity.
     So, if at home, you make shopping a money saving game, like instead of buying a certain thing on line, finding it cheaper, or comparative shopping and pricing, perhaps it is not such an impulsive thing.  As I have said before, you can also get rid of stuff you do not want anymore.  
     So, I guess the answer is not to start buying more stuff, unless it is something necessary and needed, or really, really wanted, lol.
     Another thing, which helps clarify the vibrations, is candles, mini lights, and Aura Casia scented oil.  Lavender is very calming, and helps you sleep, also makes yoga more relaxing.  I recommend the mist, which can even be used as perfume.  It is good to use on your pillow.  I spray it inside my pillow case.  I do not like anything directly near my eyes.  It is great for spraying on linen and making a beautiful scent in the air, invigorating and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment