Thursday, February 21, 2013

Getting Out of a Funk

     Sometimes, even with the magic of snow, occasionally in winter, and hot chocolate or you name it, fuzzy sweaters if that's your thing, you can feel the winter blues, especially when it is too cold to go for a walk or be outdoors much.
     I have been kind of an indoor person, due to my light sensitive eyes, but I have been taking full advantage of the sun and warmer weather, walking in the sun and momentarily going outdoors.  For some people, sunshine makes a great difference in mood.
     They say the sun gives you vitamin D, so that is a good thing.  It is still good to protect the skin, and your eyes, from the sun, and in my case, with special sunglasses, that filter out glare and harmful rays.
    Sometimes, solitary times and loneliness alone, can cause depression.  Sometimes, like in the James Taylor song, 'i seen lonely times when i could not find a friend...' from the song Fire and Rain, (another song like Leonard Cohen's Suzanne, that mentions a girl named Suzanne and Jesus in the same song), but also, at other times, if you pick up your mobile or land line telephone, and call someone, you might get invited to do something, or someone might invite themselves to visit you, which I happen to like.  Or, I should say, give you a chance to invite them to visit or do something with you.
     Shopping can be fun, and we all have to buy food, unless we are fasting, but that cannot be forever, or we will not survive, and grocery shopping can be enjoyable, and it can be tedious, and unbelievably redundant, in its perpetuation, but so is doing laundry, dishes, brushing your teeth, taking a shower, etc..
     Shopping and not buying, can be a fun endeavor, but I have this problem, where I do not feel very fulfilled without at least buying one small thing.  Although, it is good practice, and good for the wallet, to say no to things you do not need, or truly like.  And, if like me, you are into Feng Shui, if you start buying stuff, or I do, I will end up back where I started, with a lot of junk, so I have to be discerning.  
      For now, I suppose this is a long enough know it all blog about nothing, kind of like the show, Seinfeld, and soon I will write more on the Civil War, WWII, conservative values, chakra yoga, and other more serious topics, not to mention A Course in Miracles, of course.  
     By the way, I am a Democrat, but I have some conservative values, as well as some more liberal ones.  I am what they call a moderate, but I believe in social programs, which help the poor or those who cannot take care of themselves without help.  As Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said, "a nation spending more on the military than social programs, is headed for disaster."  That is not verbatim, but close enough.
     Of course, we do need a strong military, though, and in some wars, there is a right side and a wrong side, like WWII.  The Nazis were wrong, period.  There is not a gray area, where that matter is concerned.
     As to guns, we need more gun control, but I read a lot of Dean Koontz novels, where the good guys survive, because they have guns, but then again, these are novels.  Still, I can see how a gun can help, in certain circumstances.  Of course, I can't see, so maybe not a good idea for me, although I can be a 'bad ass.'  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment