Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Taking Acountabilty

     I realized recently that with all the feminist books I read, and all the red flags many single women, including myself, set up, that sometimes we (women) seek emotionally unavailable men, because we ourselves are sometimes emotionally unavailable.
     Sometimes, it is just a history of being burned, wanting to do your own thing without someone looking over your shoulder, not wanting to answer to someone, life complications, just to name a few possible reasons.
     I think there was a time when I may have been too available emotionally.  Predatory men can sense that in a woman, especially in women with children.  They can sense neediness, hunger for relating, loneliness, and that sort of thing.  He will often approach a woman when she is down or just out of a relationship or previous marriage.  In fact, he may even start out by saying, "hey, you seem a little down lately?  Is everything okay?"
     Years ago my neighbor, who is long gone, well I moved first, but he was my neighbor once, started a conversation with me in this way.  He was a really good listener, and women can be way too open sometimes, if they have a certain naivety.
     Some people never learn, and some learn slow.  The lucky ones do not have to learn.  When I say 'lucky', I mean those who just find the right person and can stay married.  If you ask them, they will usually say it is not always easy.  I know.  I was married for a long time, once upon a time.
     No one has it perfect.  It is hard not to get depressed, but comparing oneself to anyone else on earth is a bad idea.  Everyone is universal and unique at once, and comparing is destructive.  I am not saying I never do this, but it is a bad idea.
     Our thoughts can be powerful.  This is why I like philosophers like Eckhart Tolle, because it is important to learn to see the patterns of obsessive thought.  
     I have the ability to clear my mind completely, that is when I want to, but it takes discipline, which frankly I do not always have.  I know nonetheless, that I am fortunate just to have the ability, as well as an ability to visualize and look at the third eye chakra.  Gazing at a candle is a good way to start.
     There are many good books on yoga and meditation.  I posted a guided chakra meditation video among my videos on facebook, if you would like to use it for a guided meditation.  I have done guided meditations for a volunteer church activity for the nifty fifties, and I have led some meditation meetings.  These consist of visualization techniques and are very healing.  One can even find guidances and answers from one's Higher Power.
     I would like to mention that as a woman, I am learning the meaning of The Goddess, Wild Woman, Medicine Woman or Sage Woman.  She is the essence of womanhood, and yet we all have masculine and feminine traits to embrace in ourselves.  I know that deep down there is a memory of lives as a man, a deep part of me that is genderless.  I know it sounds weird.  I do not mean like Androgynous Pat, from that silly old SNL skit.  Well, I think I will end this one on a humorous note.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment