Thursday, January 31, 2013

Circle of Life


     You know that old sixties song, 'there is a season, turn, turn, turn...'?  According to the I Ching, life changes in cycles of darkness and light.  
     Last night, the storm was so intense.  I listened, lying in bed awake in the dark.  The rain hit so hard and loud against the outer walls of my room, and the wind, I could feel, almost shake the house.
     It did not bother me.  I felt peaceful, and just enjoyed the sound, until it quieted enough for me to fall asleep.
     Today, the sun is back out again, and it is very bright.  I have not been out yet, but since the heat is not automatically coming on, I suppose it is not that cold.
     Sometimes, when people feel helpless and hopeless, at the end of their rope, and there is no way out, but death, if they wait, things will change.  The depression or sadness, even anxiety, will not last forever.  A new day will come.  That is why suicide is bad, or at least one reason.
     There is always help out there, somewhere.  And, if someone ever turns to you for advice, help, solace, etc., instead of turning away in sustain, feel honored that you are that respected, and that this person holds you in light and esteem.  
     I once reached out to a lady in despair, who has passed away since then, but she was so excited that I called her of all people.  She did not say that to me, but someone close to her told me.  
     Sometimes, I feel I am too dependent on others, being legally blind, so I will pull back and ask for nothing, but sometimes you deny someone a chance to assist someone, which is an opportunity for growth and happiness, for someone.  Some may not realize this, but if they do not, perhaps they have not developed much.
     Many people in our society, are all about 'me, me, me,' and do not think about other people much, only themselves, their own needs, wants, and truthfully, many are selfish.  I am not saying this to be judgmental.  I am sure I am selfish too sometimes.  I am just being brutally honest.  I think some people probably did not, or would not like my poem about my dad, on my New Humanity blog, because they do not want to hear truth.  If they all wanted to hear truth, it would not be the way it is.
     So, make haste, and do not waste time.  When the sun is out, and the darkness past, progress can be made, and a chance may present itself to assist someone.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment