Sunday, January 13, 2013

Feng Shui

     I have been trying to give my home a Feng Shui makeover.  I had so much clutter, but it is not just the clutter in Feng Shui, but a whole science.
    You are supposed to sleep under a window, and your bed should be the focal point of your bedroom, while your head should not be facing the door, because that gives a coffin effect.  Your room should be away from the entrance of your home and not near the washer and dryer.  Well, I have it all correct, except the washer and dryer is right outside my bedroom, across from the bathroom.  However, anyone living or staying in my house knows not to run the washer or dryer before noon.
     The idea of Feng Shui is good fortune, like clearing out junk and clutter, opens you to new things and prosperity.
     In the bedroom, to attract love, there should be space to get in and out of bed on either side, and two pillows on each side, as well as end tables on each side.  However, my bedroom does not have enough space for end tables on either side, only one side, and there is only room to get in bed from the side near the door or the foot.
     Still, you have to work with what you have, so I have been continuously trying to organize things in a more spacious way, with more clarity.  Although I like my Indian bedspread, I wondered if a white comforter would be more fresh.
     I guess I am pretty happy with what I have done.  I do not want to get compulsive about it.  I tend to be a perfectionist sometimes.
     I find that I am pretty organized.  As long as one knows where stuff is, that is the important thing.  I did clear out some cupboards of junk I either gave to Goodwill or threw out.
     I like looking at decor books, home decor. I wish I could get as excited about cooking as I am about decorating.  It seems I only get really interested in cooking when I go on a diet, and then it is just protein, fruits and vegetables.
     I found a gorgeous bowl at Goodwill, with a blue glaze inside, a little asymmetrical, and a rustic blown clay outer part, but my mother admired it so much, I gave it to her.  It was not a bowl for eating out of, just decoration.  She wanted it to place an orchid in.
     That brings me to plants.  I have been doing outdoor landscaping, using old dry grass to cover the muddy ground, as well as pebbles.  I have no plants, however.  I saw Gerber daisies in Bi-lo.  I think it is too early for planting anything.  It may get cold again, although it does feel like spring.  I guess it can be springtime in one's heart, like a winter passed.  Happy Winter!  I think when the Winter Solstice passes, things get better.

1 comment: