Saturday, January 5, 2013

Taking Accountability for One's Own Issues

     I don't know what to think anymore.  So many of us have made so many mistakes, and I read books to try to make sense of it all, but I can't.  People don't make sense to me.  They are intrigued by the 'horrible', the 'sickly', and bored by what is wholesome.
     I have tried to make sense of decisions I have made, because women with college degrees and good jobs did the same thing, but I cannot find much solace sometimes because in our society, so many people are sick in one way or the other.  I mean, one can judge someone else because he or she has such and such mental illness, but most of us have something wrong, in one way or another.  If we actively seek sickness, that is another matter.
     I feel it is important for me, not anyone else in particular, to take responsibility for my life, my actions.  I can blame others, but unless I take responsibility and recognize things such as my own feelings of inferiority, the result is nil.  No one is at fault, unless I want to make them at fault, like a scapegoat.  If I take accountability, things are better for me and for everyone, even if I want to blame someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment