Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Irony of Dating Advice

The other day I accidentally hit the wrong key on my computer and this gorgeous man popped up talking with a good hair cut, a neatly trimmed beard and a nice oxford shirt, rolled up at the sleeves and unbuttoned at the colar. He was trying to sell his website, saying he could tell women all the mistakes they make to turn guys off.
Why do men think women make all the mistakes and that they are so so wanted? Yes, I admit us single gals, I mean some of us want a companion, and I also admit I have made really stupid mistakes in relationships. It would make you laugh, but I would be too embarrassed to share these things, because they were so silly. But, guys make mistakes too. For example, I once joined one of those online dating services and I met two nice fellows. One talked about his x-wife constantly. The other did not do anything wrong until I really started liking him, and then he said, "I'm haunted by a past relationship that was never fully resolved."
He described her as an heiress and started telling me her personal problems, and I'm thinking 'and why is he telling me this baggage?' When I pictured her, I saw a movie star driving a red convertible sports car driving fast and glamorously away from a huge 'gone with the wind' type mansion, her long blond hair blowing back in the wind.
And here I was a half blind single mother, yada yada... scraping by financially. I know you get the picture and I confess a little self pity came into it.
Have you ever decided in a new relationship, "I'm going to do everything right this time"? Then it all goes wrong anyway. Gets to the point where you have to pray before you see or talk to this person that you will not screw up or 'bite the hook' or 'take the bate'. Ah it is all so exhausting, but being in love is a good feeling, certainly worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment