Sunday, April 7, 2013

And So I Chose the Peace of God, Dog Petting, Retail Therapy and a Little Sunshine

     Okay, okay, so maybe I was pissed off and venting, and airing all my important opinions.  And, so what was the point?  I am not saying I cannot have a sensible opinion, and I cannot be myself or unique, but if I am coming from a place inside that is not peaceful, nor happy, then I need to 'have a V8' instead, so to speak.
     So, I got out into the sunshine of the beautiful April day, went shopping, bought beautiful things from India and Peru.  I sat on a bench in the sun.  I looked at the real live tigers, and I went into a Native American store, where there was a Siberian Husky, whose name was Stardust.  I pet her, and she was so beautiful. She was from the pound, her owner told me.  She invited me to pet Stardust, when I was admiring her.  The store owner admired her too.  She was gentle, and she looked like a wolf, light colored, like tan, with light eyes, like blue or gray.  
     I let the sun sink into every fiber of my being.  I wore my protective sunglasses over my glasses, and I absorbed the sun's rays.  It felt so good, and the weather was perfect.
     I also bought incense and therapeutic soap with oatmeal and vitamin E in the African store.  I was alone, but I did not feel alone.  I also bought beautiful woven mats, like Alan and I used to like.  Alan was my lover, who died last September.  I knew him for years, and we had dated off and on, although we fought a lot, so we were always breaking up.  Still, he was a gentleman and not disrespectful to me, or I would not have kept seeing him.  I learned that a long time ago.  
     I also bought a ring from Peru, which is gorgeous.  It sounds like I spent a lot, but I did not.  My purchases were modest, frugal, and humble, as my friend Susan Shader, would say.  
     I also went to Goodwill today, and found a brand new white silk blouse with the tags still on, and I washed it out in the sink, in warm water and hand soap, rinsing with cold water, then dried it on a hanger in the sunny bathroom shower.  It fits perfectly.
     So, other than listening to talking books and writing blogs, that is what my day has been like.  You know, sometimes I get all worked up about my opinions, whether right or wrong, and then I step back, choose the peace of God and the Holy Spirit thought system.  When I remember to be zen, to breath, to choose peace and to ask God to 'help me see this differently,' things usually start feeling better, and in a sense, start looking up, looking brighter, because the heaviness of thought, I just let go of, and go on.  Just go on, peacefully.  Oh, and I asked for some sage at the Native American store, but they had run out.  They had beautiful moccasins, the shoes and the boots, but very expensive.  Some day I will get some swede moccasin boots, in brown.  Shanti.
     In the picture above, is Coco, my friend's dog, and Ruben, my dog, who died recently.  Ruben is the brown, black and white hound dog.  Coco Puffs is the chocolate Labrador.

No comments:

Post a Comment