Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Politics or Clothes

    I would rather talk about why it would have been more interesting if Michelle Bachman had stayed in the race or how Herman Cain thinks he is more articulate than President Obama, according to the Barbara Walters interview I watched.  I do not think anyone in the world is as articulate as Obama.  LOL  The truth is I have nothing to say on any of these things, which is why I wanted to talk about the 'deep' topic of clothes again.  Yes clothing.  Well, clothing has to do with politics too, right?  Remember Sarah Palin's wardrobe allowance?  Remember how The First Lady Michelle Obama only wears clothing from less expensive companies like I cannot remember, was it like Banana Republic?  No I know that is not right.  I think it is something even sportier like L.L. Been or something.  Update:  As a friend corrected me (see comment below), the brand Mrs. Obama likes is J. Crew.  It had just slipped my mind.  Thanks Kendra for reminding me so that I could be more accurate.
      I once took my son shopping for jeans.  I will not tell which one, because I have to protect his privacy.  However this is the one I used to buy Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin shirts for when he was about fourteen and I had more money.  Those shirts are expensive!  I guess that gives away which son it is.  My other son likes surf brands like Volcom, Hurley and Quick Silver, skate brands as well or he used to anyway.  Thank goodness they both buy their own clothes now that they are grown men, which is hard to believe for me.  'They grow up so fast', can't you hear me say.  My mom only let me get real cheap stuff when I was that age, so I would say indignantly, "you have no taste."  Back to the jeans.  We were at Tanger, and I kept suggesting stores like Guess, Old Navy, Kalvin Klein, The Gap, American Eagle..., and he un-politically correct as most kids of fifteen or so said back then that everything was 'gay', that is just a term teenagers used for everything then, worse than sophomoric by far.  Finally he agreed to Banana Republic, and a friend my age or older said he thought that was...  I realize it is messed up to say that.  
     I asked my mother (yes I still have to ask my mother what to do, no just kidding) if I bought some bright red or yellow jeans for spring, which I saw on sale would that be ugly.  She said "yes".
However, I may get some anyhow, just out of sheer spite.  LOL
     OK enough nonsense for one day.
I hope if nothing else you might find this little piece of writing amusing.  "I amuse you, like a clown???" from Good Fellows.  

2 comments:

  1. Not Banana Republic on Mrs. O -- J. Crew. Sage, you gotta follow one of my favorite sites, Mrs. O at http://mrs-o.com/ And your mother is wrong. It's very OK to wear red or yellow jeans--just don't wear other bright colors with them, let that be the only bright one. If they are on sale, grab them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou kendra. J. Crew. That's right. Thanks for the color advice and the website. i will edit that right now.

    ReplyDelete