Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Funny Story About My Pets

     As some of you know I have two cats, a light orange tabby named Simon and a black one named Bhaghera who is very old and has a bad paw that needs expensive surgery.  Sometimes it is worse than at other times.
     I decided to bandage it.  I also had to switch by a friend's advice to Yesterday's News because it was tracking litter throughout the house, his paw.  Regular bandages would not stay on.  I finally rapped some electric blue duck tape around white paper towels.  As long as I was home it stayed on.  The dog kept barking at his leg with the bright blue duck tape like it was freaking him out.
      Every time I came home the bandage would be gone, but I could not find it.  Yes, I am visually impaired but the area the animals are in is not that big, just kitchen, living room and bathroom, and I have a small house.  Plus, as I said this duck tape was electric blue.  Very bright!
      I shared about how once I gave up keeping a bandage on his foot, the dog was licking Bhaghera's foot and whimpering, barking and lying right next to the futon on the floor that I had laid out a towel on for the cat so as not to get the Indian bedspread dirty, where the cat Bhaghera hangs out lounging, on Facebook.
     With my inventive in a bad way mind, which another writer friend recently corrected me that it is imaginative, although I like words like concur, concoct, etc..  I have a British friend who always intentionally uses the wrong proper names, ex: people: Martie  -"Madge", Bridgeway - "Bridgeport Ferry."
     I was out with a friend.  When he dropped me home, I said "can you come in and make sure something scary didn't happen, like Rubin ate Bhaghera's foot?"
You see I read way too much Stephen King.  Pet Cemetary is one of my favorite books.  In fact Bhaghera reminds me of Church.  I said, "I don't want to be alone to find something scary and shocking."  
     Well, nothing of the kind.  In fact Rubin was lying next to Bhaghera and Bhaghera's foot was actually a little better from the dog licking which seemed to work better than the anti-biotic ointment I had been applying and the tiny pieces of penicillin I had given him.  The light bleeding had stopped as well.  Rubin was like a baby-sitter, a nanny dog for a cat.  How very sweet.  I had shared this on Facebook and women friends especially liked it, since we are all gushy about animals.
     Okay, so do you want to know where the electric blue duck tape and bandages went?  I think you might have guessed already.  When I walked the dog, and I had to bring my little scoop bags, bright electric blue tape came out here and there.  And, there is surely more to come.  

2 comments:

  1. what do you get when you eat blue electric tape?...electric blue poop

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou Steve. i'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete