Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What Would You Do if You Had Money?

     If you do not have a lot of money, have you ever thought about what you would do if you did?  Have you ever thought about what your priorities were?  Some people have so much they do not know what to do with it.  I suppose they have to hide money in offshore accounts to avoid taxes, but then some are probably fairly honest.
     I do not consider myself materialistic or bourgeois at all, and although I would like to have a far better house, I do not think people should choose their friends or who they hang out with by what they have.  Some people only want to socialize with rich people who live in big suburban houses.  They are social climbers, who act like they are slumming when they enter your home even for a moment.  I do not feel this way about everyone who has money.  I have friends who are fairly well off, who do not act like this at all, and usually the people who behave in such a manner are not really rich, but rich 'wanna be's' who think they may become rich by hanging around rich people, and living in an expensive neighborhood, which they must be at least a little rich to afford. 
     Wealth is a state of mind.  Some rich people are poor in spirit.  You know how Jesus said, "blessed are the poor..." 
     I think what matters most is finding balance in life, but if you are like me, you may have wondered what you would do with it, if you had much money.  I think it would be good to help someone who really needs help, someone in your family that you know, if they will accept help, perhaps donate to specific charities you truly believe in that you know are on the up and up, that the money really goes to the people it is supposed to, and not a fraudulent group. 
     I think that if you had never traveled, traveling might be an option, a long vacation in Europe, traveling across the country, perhaps checking out Israel or Australia, perhaps a beautiful country in Africa like Kenya, although some countries in Africa have had a lot of civil war like Somalia and Nigeria, so you may not want to go to the beach of Nigeria.  Mexico and South America are nice, so long as you stay clear of the drug cartels. 
      I would like to have a really nice house like the one I had for two years, the last part of my marriage and then some, with an upstairs and a fireplace, lots of windows, only with less wasted space and cathedral ceilings than my house had, to avoid high energy bills.  I think it would be great to be able to house one's family very, very comfortably with lots of bathrooms, and there is just something about a fireplace.  I love building fires in them.  It is so country, so rustic.
     It would also be cool to have a really nice car, even though I do not drive, I could have someone else drive my car with me in it.  Of course, if you had lots of money, people would try to take advantage of you, so you would have to be careful, but it would still be sort of nice, although not the be all and end all of life.
     The other thing I would like to have, which I can have now, because I have land I rent, which my mobile home I own is located on, is a big garden, with a lot of flowers.  I already planted a fur tree this week, but I think this spring I am going to do some gardening.  The earth is pretty rich around me. 
     Lastly, I would have lots of animals, and even a horse or two, and maybe I would have foster children, not sure, because I am kind of glad my kids are grown.  It was pretty difficult bringing kids up, especially since more than half of it was on my own, at least with the younger one. 
     Whatever you do, just remember that happiness is internal, and I know this is a cliché, but it really is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment