Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stream of Consciousness


     Consciousness, all there is.  Perhaps, we are born from nothing and go to nothing.  Life is about nothing really, and at the same time about a lot of things, or at least you have to live it like that, and yet the nonsense becomes more evident as time goes by.
     I am reading a book called, The Drowning Girl.  You know the painting.  She isn't really drowning.  Remember Virginia Wolf, who filled her pockets with stones, and walked into the water.
     Picking friends for a party is interesting.  I once invited people to a party, Halloween I think, and everyone I invited, including myself, was involved with some sort of love triangle, in one way or the other.  Of course, my wits caught up with me, and I canceled the party, which could have been a brawl, if not worse, perhaps a cat fight.  It might have been exciting if drama is your thing.  I guess drama was still my intrigue then.
     The dogs in the neighborhood have lost it.  A mean dog attacked a little dog.  The men were shouting.  The woman was crying.  I could not see her.  She sounded like a child.  No one was seriously hurt, except the little dog needed a veterinarian, and the owners had no money, could not speak English either.
     White noise grows so loud that it swallows us whole.  I think these are thoughts that intrude on the mind.  We can control our thoughts, but the more sane, the more control one does have on one's thoughts.
      It took me ten years to clean out the closet that haunted me.  I guess I feared the pictures would make me sad.  In a way they did, but the only way was to just plow through it. 
     My ancestors hang on the walls in black and white now.  My childhood, my adulthood, my children.
      Is spirituality a show, something you display?  I do not think so, at least it is not to me.  Still, I see others displaying devotion like a theatrical event.  I am nothing, and I know that, just a bubble in the sea.  Yoga is not a spiritual display, but a discipline, a meditation and meditative movement of the body that helps to heal the body and mind, keeping one serene, balanced and healthy.  It can also help to align the chakras, keeping them open, but not too open, and balanced as well.  When the seven chakras are aligned and balanced, there is a true sense of well being in all one does, and also in one's daily life in general, such as decision making, communication, work, relationships, solitude, and so forth.  Namaste.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment