Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Different Ways of Seeing Your Life/ I Am Not My Story


     If we live in the past, constantly reliving and telling our story, then we are not living in the present.  I am not my story.  This is what you will learn from studying a Course in Miracles, listening to Eckhart Tolle, Marrianne Williamson, as well as other inspiring authors and speakers.
     The world is illusion, what the Course in Miracles calls the world of forms, same as what is called maya in eastern terminology.  As I always say, a Course in Miracles is eastern philosophy in western terminology, only Jesus is the basis of it.  He is our brother who holds our hand.  When we are free from the ego and illusion, find forgiveness, which equals corrected perception, which leads to atonement, which equals oneness, then we become illuminated.  The tiny mad idea was that I am separate from God.  Illumination comes when the we realize we were never separate from God. 
     If you follow an eastern master, some of this may seem familiar.  The only difference is that there is no middle man in a Course in Miracles.  Yes, Jesus wrote the book through Helen, but it is not like we follow a guru or someone who claims to be God. 
     Back to the way we see our life, I am not my story.  I am beyond that.  If I live in the past, I cannot be mindful in the present, which is eternal, which is all there truly is. 
     When we have changes, including loss such as divorce, death of a loved one, loss of a friendship, either a drifting apart or a realization that the friendship was not healthy, rather than feeling empty, one can find a space for something new.  It is the same with the loss of a job.  Anxiety can become more of a transition, rather than fear, leaving room for something new to come.
      Again, I cannot stress enough, I am not my story.  If you cannot get this concept, than you are stuck in dead bones.  Take what you learned and move on.  Live in the now.  It is the only way to find true enlightenment, which means more happy, rather than suffering and less happy.  When you are enlightened, the suffering is less painful, because you know that it is illusion.  This is actually comforting to the enlightened person, bringing greater serenity.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment