Monday, March 18, 2013

Why in Love the Loser is the Winner

     In the half century I have been alive, I have seen a lot.  I have not been protected from the real world, poverty, people having to really work, really struggle, addiction around me, although I never did illegal drugs, alcoholism, sickness, struggles, single parenthood, how the poor really live, the struggles of American boys and girls growing up, pop culture, bad people, selfishness, good people, kindness, generosity, etc..
     There is no shield when you have to live in the real world.  But, one thing I have learned, is that in love, the loser is the winner.  Why?  Because, the winner never finds him or herself.  The loser in love, once alone, has no choice, but to find him/ her self.  There is no other option.  People who have not truly stood on their own, can say they found their own self, but I doubt it truly.  When you consider yourself a part of a group, two or more, and nothing without the other, then you are not whole.  To be whole, is to stand alone, with someone, with lots of people, without someone, but to never lose sight of wholeness.  
     This is why, and only why, the loser is the winner.  The loser has to find herself/ 
himself.  The so called 'winner' must cling to a false identity, a hope, another, a something to make him/ her whole.  The loser needs cling to no one, lest him/ her self, once again.  There is no loneliness, not when God is present, not where God truly abides.  
     Yes, we all get lonely, but alone never.  I am not alone.  I do not feel alone, even though in some eyes I may be alone.  I do not feel alone, because I have faith.  That faith and stillness leads me to the feeling of God's presence around and within me.
     I know that relationships and marriages are a challenge.  I have been through it on many levels.  I know that a good relationship is rewarding and so is a good marriage, but the one who stands alone is not alone.  The one who seems to stand alone, stands solely with God.  
      There really is no alone.  There are so many paths, so many feelings of being alone, so much false and lacking togetherness.  The point is that if you stand alone, remember your strength, your fortitude, your essence.  Life is but a circle of karmic events.  Everything you were, you do not have to be.  Everything you are, you were not, and everything you are not, you have been or will be.  So, do not worry.  It all evens out in karma.  Everyone gets whatever life lesson he or she needs now, and nothing you can think of, is something in infinity, that you do not already know.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment