Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's All About Style and Beautiful Clothing

     Recently in my Feng Shui endeavors, I have realized that less is better, and so less complicated, the simpler the better.  So, in the process of getting rid of clothes and shoes over time, I lost track of what I had still, and what was gone.
     I was sad, a little, because I thought I had rid myself of my two best dresses, and once resigned, I went to sleep, because it was not a big deal, but when I looked in my closet, I had sense enough to keep them, in my Feng Shui frenzy.
     Also, I had assumed, I had rid myself of my furry brown boots, years ago, and the other day I reached back in my closet, pulled them out, and wore them today.  
     Of my two dresses, I had decided to keep, one is chartreuse and the other champagne, both metallic, and worn very little by me.
      A few years ago, I thought I was going to marry a guy I had met, while I attended the S.C. Commission for the Blind.  He had been doing an internship with my mobility instructor, so when he moved to New York, I thought I would marry him, and live there too, but it did not work out.  However, in the process, I had gone shopping with my mother for clothing, expecting to be going to cocktail parties, and being the "toast of the town," as my mother phrased it, in my biracial relationship.
     She had picked the dresses, and the sizes, and I had merely tried them on, and bought them, with my money, of course.  And, I admit they are beautiful.  Perhaps, I will have more than the very few chances to wear them that I have had.  I mean, it does not require getting married, nor being "the toast of the town," to wear nice threads.
     I find it funny, watching the commentary on the Oscar Awards, after the fact, the fashion critique.  "Oh, she looked like she just rolled out of bed, and forgot to brush her hair, just didn't care," or "I don't like the all blue accessories, but I admit she looked beautiful," and about the first lady, Mrs. Obama, "I love the bangs, the new look...," and "oh, Haley Barry looked so beautiful, I could have gone straight," or "the dress was too baggy on..."  
     Well, I think they all look gorgeous, but I am legally blind, lol.  Also, I was browsing on line.  Would you believe, they charge over  one-hundred bucks for cut off jean shorts?  I went to Goodwill, bought a new pair of cut off jean shorts for men, which fit me in a smaller size, with a button fly.  They were long, but had the distressed look.  I folded them to where they were not too short for my age, but short enough to look slightly more feminine and sexy, measured, marked with chalk, and cut them off, so there you go.  Expensive cut off jean shorts for less then four bucks. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Goodwill... thrift stores satisfy most of my shopping urges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. You can always find what you want for less, or almost always anyway.

    ReplyDelete