Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Little Gratitude on a Wonderful Day

     A few days ago was my son's birthday.
It was a hard time because he has not been 
well.  I was in turmoil and tribulation, although
it was not about me.
     His father and brother, a close friend and
a couple of other family members came after
work and school.  Ted, my son was not feeling
that social but was very sweet.
     I was touched that his father went out and
bought him a really nice present.  My mother
came by with a gift earlier and everyone brought
things, food, nuts, wings, candy.  I baked a
cake, a layer cake the night before, chocolate 
with vanilla icing and made tuna salad sandwiches.
      I know I was too emotional and made issues,
cried at one point, got mad at one point.  Now
I realize I should have just chilled, but we had
a nice party regardless, just a little family thing.
     Sometimes I fail to see the good in those 
around because I take everyone's inventory 
and act like life is a sport where you keep score.
This is my own character defect.  I see that 
now.
     I realize how wholesome the people near 
me are, how much good is in their hearts.  I
posted on facebook about my son's illness
and I can feel the love that has been sent his
way like rays of light and warmth.
      So, tonight a group of us sang in the recording
studio, choral part in a friend's album.  It 
turned out really smoothly and the timing was
officiant.  Overall it has been a good day.  I
feel gratitude and I know that God is running
the show not me.
     From now on I am going to be a better person
and less of a control freak, and I am going
to start appreciating every gesture of love, knowing
that even attacks, including my own are but
cries for love, which is the opposite of fear,
ACIM, a Course in Miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment