Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reiki, Meditation and Orchids

     As a Reiki Master, I realize there is controversy as to whether or not the symbols should be seen or not.  I researched it, and different Reiki practitioners had different opinions.  I had purchased a pendant which I wear always for protection with the symbol for protection, one of the symbols used before a treatment.
     I find that I feel better when I wear it.  One morning I was in conflict with people, one of whom I felt was attacking me verbally and began to feel extremely nauseated and just sick to my stomach.  I removed my pendant from its green velvet pouch and put it on.  The sick feeling faded away.
     Another way I deal with bad vibes and sickening feelings of attack, is I do yoga and meditate.  Sometimes I say a workbook lesson from a Course in Miracles like, "God is the light in which I see," "Love holds no grievances," "I am the light of the world," or other mantras like Om Mane Pad Me Hum, the Tibetan chant meaning "the lotus is beautiful.  Listen to the silence."  Sometimes I just say Shanti, shanti, shant, meaning peace, peace, peace.  Then if I have time, I close my eyes and breath, thinking of nothing, so that my mind is void and empty as a slate.  Sometimes I look at a burning candle and stare at the flame, unless everyone has stolen my only lighter.  I do not smoke, but I have sons who smoke cigarettes outside, and sometimes one of them, the older one, does not buy his own lighter.  So much for lighters.  I do not burn incense, because of chronic eye infections, which are under control now, a byproduct of my eye disease.
     Another good thing to do is make a little shrine in your home for meditation with things you hold dear and beautiful to inspire a spiritual experience.
     Today I was at the supermarket with my mother, and they were selling orchids in white, lavender and fuscia I think, the prettiest.  Orchids are like an art form to grow.  They are very classy.  The smell is gorgeous too, like roses and cinnamon combined.  I could smell them all day.  They are like the martini of flowers.
    Well this is all I have today.  Much love.  Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment