Friday, June 22, 2012

Practices of Highly Effective People


Practices of the most highly effective individuals are 1. organization, 2. self-discipline, 3. ability to be independent, 4. free thinking, 5. having a purpose or intent, 6. a time frame in which to accomplish a task, 7. a mentor of some kind, famous, not famous, living or dead, but someone you admire, 8. strong sense of who you are, self-actualization, 9. ability to overcome fears, 10. having priorities, 11. ability to take chances, and 12. the ability to look beyond the opinions of others.
     This is all my personal opinion.  I myself find it difficult to get out of my comfort zone, and yet what is my comfort zone may have at one time been out of my comfort zone.  
     In my last article which I decided not to share, I said that I would like to be more of a free spirit.  Truthfully in some ways I am, but I would like to run through a field and blow bubbles, go dancing, go kayaking.  I don't know, just something different.  
     I wrote this list because I think it makes sense.  I tend to be highly organized, and being a Virgo all the more.  I plan ahead what I am going to wear.  I suppose most people do, unless they are extremely spontaneous, and truthfully I do not always plan what I am going to wear or I do plan, but then end up changing anyway.  I realize Jesus said not to worry what you wear in the Sermon on the Mount, but I think he meant it in a different context.  
     When you are legally blind you have to be pretty organized and keep things in some sort of system.  Like if you have a lot of socks in a similar hue it is hard to tell them apart so they have these nifty little things called sock sorters, and if you cannot see the numbers on your stove they have this nifty stuff which is neon orange and can be put right on appliances and dries into a bright neon orange mark that one can easily see and if not feel.
     Cooking has become more enjoyable to me.  I am really into the fresh garlic.  I really like to cook vegetables with it in a pan, sort of shallow frying in oil, a little olive oil, saute
I suppose.
      We stocked up on groceries today.  I hate plastic bags.  I mean a few are useful, but I use my own grocery bag and carry the big things like milk, juice and laundry detergent loose, to avoid more bags.
     It is a good feeling too to have your bills payed, I mean by yourself, not to have them...  oh never mind...  You know what I mean.  
     I cleared my talking books and computer and charger and all out of the living room because I have both my kids here.  I tend to camp out in the living room with my talking books, and then my kids just have to listen to them too, while I lie on my trifold futon I love so much.
     Like I have said before my blog is like Seinfeld, the TV show, about nothing sometimes.  Oh well, but I am serious about those practices I pointed out in the first paragraph.  I do believe those to be good practices.  I really do.
     Right now I am not going to work on any project except getting my physical health better.  That is my goal right now, and nothing else.  One thing at a time, step by step, day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment